All participants must have:
- Sun hat
- long sleeve shirt
- Shoes (covered foot wear)
- Drivers license
- Water bottle
- USI - unique student identifier, this can be created at www.usi.gov.au
Failure to attend the course with the above mentioned items may result in participants being withheld from the course on safety grounds and all fees paid in relation to the Course may be forfeited. For the training to be realistic and effective the vehicles are most likely to get muddy, dusty, wet and bogged all efforts will be made to avoid this. Any damaged resulting to vehicles, winches or equipment operated by clients or Train Safe NT during the training is the client responsibility. Clients vehicles must have current registration and be mechanically sound. Please inspect vehicle prior to course to ensure it is reliable and safe.
The following terms and conditions shall apply:
- Participation Subject to Execution of General Participant Acknowledgement and Release
- I acknowledge that I will not be allowed to participate in the Course if I am not wearing appropriate clothing and footwear or if I do not bring the required safety equipment as directed by the Provider or its authorised representative.
- I acknowledge that I will not be allowed to participate in the Course if I do not sign the 4WD Training Course Participant Acknowledgement and Release prior to commencement of the Course, a copy of which has been provided with these terms and conditions.
- If I am excluded from participating in the Course because I am not wearing appropriate clothing or footwear or I haven’t brought other required safety equipment as previously advised by the Provider then I acknowledge any Course fees which I have paid will also be forfeited.
- I confirm and warrant that I am in possession of a valid drivers licence at the time of participating in the Course and I consent to the Provider inspecting and making enquiries of the licensing body to enquire as to the validity of the licence if required.
- Commitment to Completion of Course:
- I will follow all reasonable instruction and direction of the Provider, its’ servants, agents and contractors in undertaking this Course.
- I have familiarised myself with the general outline of the course and commit to participating in the Course by attending all required sessions and completing any written or practical requirements of the Course.
- I understand that upon satisfaction of all requirements of competency in respect of the Course (and payment of Course fees in full) I will receive a Nationally Accredited, Statement of Attainment indicating completion of the units of that Course. In accordance with the Student Identifiers Act 2014 Cth (SI Act).
- I acknowledge and understand my rights, responsibilities, obligations and the Student Code of Conduct and I warrant that I am able to participate in the assessment procedures and tasks.
- I acknowledge and understand that if I do not adhere to the Student Code of Conduct I could be excluded from participating in the Course and if warranted the Police maybe informed of my actions, behaviour and conduct.
- If I am excluded from participating in the Course because I am in breach of the Student Code of Conduct then I acknowledge any Course fees which I have paid will also be forfeited.
- I can withdraw from the course at any time, however, if I withdraw from the course for any reason other than illness (for which I will supply a medical certificate as proof of same) within 7 days from the date the Course is scheduled to commence, I will incur a cancellation fee equal to $250.:
- may be deducted from the fees already paid by myself to the Provider prior to any refunds of Course fees being given; or
- if no fees have been paid by me, then I will pay the cancellation fee within 7 days of withdrawal.
- If I withdraw from the Course after it has commenced for any reason other than unforseen injury or illness, I will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid by me to the Provider.
- If I withdraw from the Course after it has commenced because of unforseen injury or illness, provided I can provide a medical certificate to the Provider within 7 days of withdrawal, the Provider will offer me the opportunity to enrol in an alternate Course on another date at no extra cost.
- If the Participant is nominated by a company or corporate client which has enrolled more than one (1) Participant in a particular Course, then that corporate client will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in relation to that Course upon withdrawal by their nominated Participants, but may nominate a replacement Participant prior to the commencement of the Course.
- All participants must have sun hat, long sleeve shirt, shoes (covered foot wear), drivers license,water bottle. Failure to attend the course with the above mentioned items may result in participants being withheld from the course on safety grounds and all fees paid in relation to the Course may be forfeited.
- If nominated Participants is deemed not yet competent no monies will be refunded.
- Cancellation or Delay of Courses:
- The Provider reserves the right to delay or cancel the Course with just cause at any time and I release the Provider from any and all loss or damage which I may suffer as a result of the delay or cancellation.
- In the event that a Course is delayed or cancelled, the Provider will use its’ best endeavours to make contact with me and advise me of the delay or cancellation.
- I acknowledge that it is recommended that I contact the Provider prior to the commencement date of the Course to confirm.
- In the event that a Course is cancelled, I will be entitled to a refund of any fees or monies paid to the Provider within 14 days.
- In the event that a Course is delayed, Participants are entitled to a refund of any fees or monies paid to the Provider within 14 days.
- Vehicles and Registration and Insurance Requirements:
- I must provide a suitable vehicle in order to participate in the Course.
- I warrant that the vehicle which I use in the Course:
- has current registration and third party insurance;
- is comprehensively insured and I have made appropriate enquiries of the Insurer to ensure that participation in the course does not void the insurance policy; and
- is mechanically sound and road-worthy.
- The Provider bears no responsibility for any Claim or Loss which may occur as a result of the my breaching the warranties contained in clauses 5.2 and 1.4 above.
- Responsibility for Damage to Vehicles:
- I acknowledge that, in participating in the Course, my vehicle is likely to drive through water crossings that maybe deeper than 50cm and get muddy, dirty, wet and may also get bogged.
- I am solely responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle and any associated equipment, fixtures or contents therein, regardless as to whether the Provider or I were in control of the vehicle at the time.
- Acknowledgement of Risk, Release and Indemnity:
- I acknowledge and accept that the activities which I will be undertaking as part of the Course, including the use of four wheel driving, vehicle recovery equipment, hazardous chemicals or materials or the use of plant and machinery can be dangerous and pose inherent risk.
- I accept all risk, injury, loss, damage or liability arising out of or in any way relating to the Course or which might occur at the location at which the Course is being conducted.
- I release the Provider, its servants, agents and contractors and all persons and companies involved in the provision of the Course from any and all liability for loss, damage or injury caused or contributed to by the Provider or in any way arising out of the Course.
- I agree to indemnity and keep indemnified, the Provider, its servants, agents and contractors from and against all loss, damage, injury or liability (including the liability for costs) caused by or contributed to by me or in any way arising out of my act or omission outside the boundaries or directions set by the trainer/s during or in relation to the Course.
- Medical Treatment:
- I expressly consent to receiving any emergency medical or first aid or other treatment from a healthcare professional which Train Safe NT and its’ servants, agents and contractors deem reasonably necessary in the event of a medical emergency and I indemnify Train Safe NT and its’ servants, agents and contractors from any costs of treatment including any required emergency medical transportation.
7. Provision of Own Equipment and Warranty as to Fitness to Participate in Course:
1. I confirm and certify that all equipment, safety gear and machinery which I have supplied for participation in the Course is in good working orders and all applicable safety guards and OHS components are operational and secure.I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified, the Providers, it’s servants, agents and contractors from and against all loss, damage injury or liability (including the liability for costs) arising in any way from the use of the equipment I supplied.
2. I have notified staff where relevant of any safety or other health concerns which I may have or any medical conditions or allergies from which I might suffer and which may impact on my ability to participate in the Course.
3. I understand that my participation in the Course may be physically demanding and I warrant that I am physically fit and able to participate in the Course and further, I understand that if I feel in any way physically unable to participate in the Course at any time, I will immediately notify the instructor of my concerns.
- Unique Student Identifier:
- You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that you must supply Train Safe NT with a Unique Student Identifier (USI), in accordance with the Student Identifiers Act 2014 Cth (SI Act). Train Safe NT cannot issue a Statement of Attainment without the USI. The USI can be created at www.usi.gov.au