All complaints are to be considered in a transparent, objective and unbiased manner.The Complaints Policy 13 incorporate the principles of justice and fairness. This policy can be accessed by the students in the Student Hand Book.Train Safe NT policies and procedures adhere to the Northern Territory of Australia Anti-Discrimination Act 2007. All complaints are made available to NVR to ensure transparency, accountability and confidence. Train Safe NT will investigate a complaint to the level warranted by the severity of the issue and attempt to change or improve any policies or procedures. However some processes cannot be modified as they maybe regulated by registering bodies, Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation. If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of their complaint they can phone ASQA 1300 701801.
- The complainant is requested to document the issue on the Complaints Formand Train Safe NT will acknowledge receipt of a Complaint Form within seven (7) days.
- The Director of Train Safe NT will address every complaint and the complainant will be informed of the outcome of their objection by email or mail within fourteen (14) days of lodging the Complaints Form.Every complainant will be informed and advised of how to contest the decision.
- Any policy changes that are made to the operation or function of Train Safe NT must be documented on the Complaints Form.
- If the complainant is not happy with the outcome of their complaint they can contest the decision.
- The complainant is requested to document their specific concerns with the outcome of their complaint on the original Complaint Form.
- Train Safe NT may assemble a panel (arbitrators) of two (2) individuals from industry or other RTO within twenty one (21) days, the panel will assess the situation and a decision will be made, the complainant and Train Safe NT must be informed of the panel’s decision by mail within fourteen (14) days.
- The panel’s letter will be filed within five (5) days of the event.If complainant is not satisfied with the panels decision they can phone ASQA 1300 701801.